Friday, October 14, 2011

I Ran, so It Rained (Part II)

Waves rushed at me ominously as the 
gray sky was deepened in their darker depths.
Their advances were thwarted by the shore,
but their prophesy was clearly echoed in
the thick mist, who blurred the line between
my sweat's ending and the rain's beginning.

The drops dappled my eyes and between them
the last sight I saw was the Reservoir's trail 
turning from dust to mud and puddles as
the cares and ink of scribbled to-do notes
runs thoughtlessly off the back of my hand.

Sheets of rain and the haze hovering upon impact
were all a visual cacophony and so I turned within,
where all was simply running, and like my lungs,
my shirt, shorts and socks held me close
as they tried to cling to my inmost being.

Even my skin becomes wet drapery clinging
as my simple self gets a new garment in this baptism.
Now I see, all that was outside of this Image within, 
was dried out and brittle and with this wetness
the clay of my life becomes moldable again.

As my feet cast splashes in the streets,
I can stand at the edge of the sidewalk as cars pass
and welcome the wakes of their wheel wells
as my brothers and we can rush on,
all together in this one Flood.

No comments:

Post a Comment